Year 6-7 Transition Package
Do you know of any Year 6 children who would benefit from support with the transition to high school in 2020?
To help children to make a smooth transition from primary school to high school.
- Looking at the high school behaviour policy
- Rules and Routines
- Expectations and aspirations
- Independence & organisational skills
Support would include:
- Attendance at TAF meetings (Summer Term)
- High School visit– meet key worker, head of year, pastoral support staff
- Deliver individual sessions with the child bespoke to their identified needs
- Identify and suggest strategies
- Support transition period (1/2 hr or 1 hr visits) to support both child and staff. The 6 hours can be used over the Autumn term.