At Golden Hill (Short stay) School we develop the potential of each and every child, empowering them and giving them the confidence to play a positive role in society as responsible citizens. We aim high and believe we can succeed. We work as a Team to ensure the very best outcomes for our children.
OUR SCHOOL VISION
- To provide a nurturing yet challenging learning environment which empowers our children to be ambitious and excel in their learning.
- To ensure our curriculum is broad, balanced, relevant and accessible for our children.
- To teach our children the core values of tolerance and respect for individual differences, abilities, needs and beliefs.
- To equip our children and families with the knowledge, skills, independence and resilience to face future challenges.
- To foster positive working relationships with parents, mainstream schools, multi-agency professionals and our local communities.
I would like to take this opportunity on behalf of the Staff and School’s Members Committee to welcome you to our School.
Golden Hill (Short Stay) School is a Primary Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) based in Leyland. Golden Hill serves the school districts 6 (Preston), 7 (South Ribble), and 9 (Chorley) – 154 primary schools in total.
The School provides full time education for primary aged pupils aged 4 – 11 years old. The School currently has places for up to 44 pupils. However the number of pupils attending Golden Hill fluctuates throughout the school year and the school population itself is transient.
We are all very proud of our school and pupils. We have high expectations and expect the very best for all the pupils in our school. We strive to provide the best education possible for our pupils: re-engaging them with learning, ensuring their special educational needs are identified and understood. We develop teaching and learning programmes which enable all our pupils to be successful. Our pupils make outstanding academic progress whilst at our school.
Our school staff is an established, highly skilled team. All the staff are hardworking, extremely dedicated and place the needs of the pupils at the heart of everything they do. Their individual strengths and skills enrich school life and enhance the school’s learning environment. Our Teachers take pride in providing a wide range of stimulating curriculum opportunities for their pupils, including visits, outdoor education and visitors to school.
Golden Hill has a dedicated Inclusion Support Team (GHIST) which works across Chorley, South Ribble, and Preston to prevent exclusions, support pupils with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties and promote inclusion.
The School’s Members Committee (similar to a Mainstream School’s Governors) is very supportive.
As an Outstanding School we are committed to continuing to develop and enhance the educational provision we provide.
I look forward to meeting you.
Mrs Allison Collinge